About the Centre
There exists much research in the area of gender-based violence, but Ni3 is notable in its emphasis on the prevention of such violence and its innovative approach of developing evidence-based anti-violence video games to use as educational tools. The Centre provides a home for researchers engaged in GBV prevention research as well as its current core projects: the GCRF and University of Huddersfield funded global Ni3 project (spanning the UK, Uganda, India and Jamaica) and the Ni3 Brazil project, Emilio, funded through the UNICEF End Violence Against Children Fund.
The None in Three Centre (Ni3) is pioneering new ways to tackle gender-based violence (GBV) across the globe. Our aims are to:
- Investigate forms of violence against women and children in our study countries (currently India, Jamaica, Uganda, the UK and Brazil).
- Develop serious prosocial computer games to change attitudes and behaviours relating to GBV.
- Evaluate the games’ effectiveness as educational interventions to prevent violence.
- Develop a policy hub to inform and guide actions at the strategic and operational levels across our study countries.
- Underpin and reinforce social and behavioural change.