Business in the Community Regional Showcase
None in Three Country Director, Gill Kirkman, is speaking at the BITC Regional Showcase event on 12 March 2019 at KPMG, Leeds, to a gathering of 100 business leaders.
Participation in this event provides an excellent opportunity to raise awareness of gender-based violence and None in Three’s work to address it, amongst senior representatives of the business community with a particular interest in corporate social responsibility.
Hosted by KPMG, the Regional Showcase event is an opportunity for businesses to:
- hear about some of the biggest challenges facing communities
- hear from companies that are doing exemplary work across the responsible business agenda
- be inspired by community partners, schools and individuals who have directly benefitted from business support and engagement in BITC programmes
- learn about practical and effective strategies for action-network with like-minded industry leaders
- speak to the companies present about the fresh approach they have taken in key areas such as education, employment, employees and environment
Gill Kirkman, Ni3 UK Country Director and Subject Leader in Social work at the University of Huddersfield, will introduce Ni3’s global and innovative approach preventing gender-based violence through education. She will comment on our UK research focus – intimate partner violence in young relationships – highlighting its relevance to BITC’s recently launched Domestic Abuse toolkit – an excellent initiative to encourage employers to take an active role in supporting victims of domestic abuse. She will discuss the prevalence of domestic abuse, the economic and social costs, the types of control and violence used, and how this may play out in the workplace.
Senior representatives from organisations including KPMG, Yorkshire Water, LNER, and Asda will also speak on other topics ranging from food poverty to employee wellbeing.
Book your place here.
Following on from this and other recent engagement with BITC, the None in Three Centre will be jointly hosting an event for business leaders on campus at the University of Huddersfield on 9 May 2019, as part of their Responsible Business Week series, offering businesses the opportunity to engage in more detail with the Centre’s research and educational approach to GBV prevention through prosocial computer game development and evaluation. Watch this space for further details to be confirmed.